AdventZ - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gemini
Gemini
Z Points : 3

Outdated guide? Empty Outdated guide?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
(Is this the right section...it's kind of about GC but maybe it should be in Miscellaneous Discussion...huh)

Alright I attempted to use your guide for registering for GCKR but something hit me right away...the option you said we should click on simply wasn't there. I'm somewhat confused, is this because I didn't change my ip address? I thought I didn't have to do that until I wanted to start the launcher. The available options I could see required either an I-PIN (I'm not a foreigner who's already in Korea...) or a Korean cell to receive a text... If this could be cleared up I would greatly appreciate it. ^_^
Yunan
Yunan
Admin
Admin
Z Points : 38
https://adventz.forumotion.com

Outdated guide? Empty Re: Outdated guide?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm
You should skip that cellphone part.. and you're done...

and hahah I guess this post can fit in here.. rather than making it an off-topic.. :D
Gemini
Gemini

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:48 pm
Well that's a little hard to do...it's asking for the phone or I-PIN authentication before anything else, and there seems to be no way around it. I did some research and a law was passed 6 months ago because of the security breach at Nexon that lost them 6 million$, the grace period was 6 months, now game companies can't keep KSSNs. (Which is why they now have those alternate authentication methods in the forefront...)

In other words, no matter what, people have to go through that service...Siren 24. As far as I can tell, it's now impossible for a foreigner to make a Korean account without outside help, but I don't know for sure...If there is a way, I'm sure I'll find it.
Yunan
Yunan
Admin
Admin

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:56 pm
KeterFalken wrote:Well that's a little hard to do...it's asking for the phone or I-PIN authentication before anything else, and there seems to be no way around it. I did some research and a law was passed 6 months ago because of the security breach at Nexon that lost them 6 million$, the grace period was 6 months, now game companies can't keep KSSNs. (Which is why they now have those alternate authentication methods in the forefront...)

In other words, no matter what, people have to go through that service...Siren 24. As far as I can tell, it's now impossible for a foreigner to make a Korean account without outside help, but I don't know for sure...If there is a way, I'm sure I'll find it.

yes siren is my worst enemy...

ahha

im sorry... are we talking about grand chase here???
Gemini
Gemini

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 am
Edit:I feel like I should leave this as a testament of my day...but
nevermind, my father, who doesn't know the first thing about Korea or
video games, pointed out the space where my nickname goes, and how I
didn't choose one.

We're talking about all Korean online games and services, it was a nationwide law. *sigh* I'm sorry if I'm being hard to understand or...just a pain, I don't know, but from what I can tell games can no longer take people's KSSNs to register, requiring them to use their Mobile or I-PIN. Although what makes this really funny is Siren will take your KSSN in the section -after- the phone authentication, but since they aren't the game company it's apparently legal... Although I did find a different signup link for Grand Chase...although I have no idea if it even still works, it's like three years old.

member. netmarble . net / PopupExpJoin / index.asp? GameCode=grandchase

Edit: Ok this is weird...just to make sure it wasn't my browser (Most KGC players I know had no problem with other browsers anyway but...) I tried Internet Explorer, and when I attempt to register through chase . netmarble, and click to go to Step 2, it gives me a message in Korean text that Bing Translates as "The wrong approach" then refreshes step 1. I'm certain I'm checking all the right boxes and circles...Not sure why, I haven't even been to netmarble in 2 days just to be careful, but this happens every time.

Edit 2(5): Nope, got past it with IE, same screen, KSSN authentication has been switched out for Siren. I'll post a picture if I can.

i77.servimg.com/u/f77/18/17/67/41/nojoin14.png

Edit 5(million):Forget all that, the other signup link let me make a trial account without any info, I've now downloaded and installed KGC, but the patcher is still downloading, and I've been told when it finishes it'll close out on me for not having a korean IP address. Not sure what to do here.

Edit: Past that...*catches breath* now I get a message on the character select screen I can't understand, and neither google or bing can translate -.- Still searching for answers, not sure what to do

Here's a picture of that...please don't hate me for this wall of text XD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
charmsprite
charmsprite
Admin
Admin
Z Points : 562
http://adventz.tk

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:45 pm
KeterFalken wrote:Edit:I feel like I should leave this as a testament of my day...but
didn't choose one.

We're talking about all Korean online games and services, it was a nationwide law. *sigh* I'm sorry if I'm being hard to understand or...just a pain, I don't know, but from what I can tell games can no longer take people's KSSNs to register, requiring them to use their Mobile or I-PIN. Although what makes this really funny is Siren will take your KSSN in the section -after- the phone authentication, but since they aren't the game company it's apparently legal... Although I did find a different signup link for Grand Chase...although I have no idea if it even still works, it's like three years old.

member. netmarble . net / PopupExpJoin / index.asp? GameCode=grandchase

Edit: Ok this is weird...just to make sure it wasn't my browser (Most KGC players I know had no problem with other browsers anyway but...) I tried Internet Explorer, and when I attempt to register through chase . netmarble, and click to go to Step 2, it gives me a message in Korean text that Bing Translates as "The wrong approach" then refreshes step 1. I'm certain I'm checking all the right boxes and circles...Not sure why, I haven't even been to netmarble in 2 days just to be careful, but this happens every time.

Edit 2(5): Nope, got past it with IE, same screen, KSSN authentication has been switched out for Siren. I'll post a picture if I can.

i77.servimg.com/u/f77/18/17/67/41/nojoin14.png

Edit 5(million):Forget all that, the other signup link let me make a trial account without any info, I've now downloaded and installed KGC, but the patcher is still downloading, and I've been told when it finishes it'll close out on me for not having a korean IP address. Not sure what to do here.

Edit: Past that...*catches breath* now I get a message on the character select screen I can't understand, and neither google or bing can translate -.- Still searching for answers, not sure what to do

Here's a picture of that...please don't hate me for this wall of text XD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

first:
oh yes.. so it seems netmarble also uses siren now...

bad luck for those later people who still havent hhad an account... anywhoo... Ill find out how to bypass siren.. since Siren is really bugging me everywhere I go...

second:
why are you putting spaces on your links??

third:
Ill translate that last picture for you..

the pop out message says...

LEWLS!!!

- Please Enter your Nickname first. or the nickname you entered is invalid and is unavailable... enter another nickname
Gemini
Gemini

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:20 am
I know...I ask everyone I know about that message and then my father points out the space to put my nick, really felt like an idiot, but atleast I made in time for the beginning of Ley's 4th job pre event, got her cash mission like that XD

Also the spaces were because it wasn't letting me post links yet, for whatever reason...

So now that I'm a member of KGC...*atleast for thirty days until it asks me to verify* Maybe I should introduce myself? Although this topic has probably said alot me on its own XD I realize how selfish it was of me to ask for help without even doing that much, and Ley's 4th job isn't much of an excuse but...I am sorry. I'd ask to join your guild probably but the fact we seem to live 12 hours apart....might make that a little hard XD Although it'd be nice to have someone there I could communicate with normally.

(It's kind of weird though, the minute I show up on the World Map I was absolutely flooded with invites until I turned them off...are names written in English characters that much of a commodity?)
Yunan
Yunan
Admin
Admin

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm
I think its kina sad now.. that some people cant register new account like how it used to.. LOL...

*sigh*

siren...
Len
Len
Veteran
Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 2:31 pm
River wrote:Edit:I feel like I should leave this as a testament of my day...but
didn't choose one.

I laughed hilariously at this quote.. hahahahah

Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum